TLS Members e-Newsletter
At least four times a year, TLS members are rewarded at their inboxes with a copy of the Labyrinth Society e-newsletter. It serves as a means of direct communication with the membership and provides an historical record of the Society.
02. TLS Noninating Committee Letter
Call To The Membership
“When I do a random act of kindness, I receive an abundance
of positive energy from the universe.”
By the editors of Don’t Sweat Press
First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Cindy Keesee and I am writing to you as a TLS member and chair of the Nominating Committee.
Second, I am sending out a request for your assistance. There are many positions available within TLS both on the board and committees. The Nominating Committee is coming to you the members asking that those interested in a position to step forward. It is always beneficial if you are already on a committee and have some understanding of the duties that may lie ahead of you. Even if you are not currently on a committee and are interested please contact the Nominating Committee. Positions currently available are:
- Development Chair – Oversee the development of TLS, responsible for Grant writing and Fund Raising.
- Membership Chair – Assist with new members and bring forth new ideas in maintaining the members that are currently in TLS.
- Nominating Chair – Review vacancies within TLS committees and board and assist with the nominating ballot.
- Publication Chair – Oversee the newsletter, writing contest and any other publications.
- Treasurer – Responsible for monitoring TLS funds.
Committee Coordinator Positions:
- Wisdom Circle Coordinator – A prior member of the board to serve in an advisory capacity by sharing their wisdom and experiences with the current board.
- Web Coordinator – Someone to assist with envisioning and maintaining any design changes of the TLS web site.
- E-Letter Coordinator – Prepare our bi- monthly e-letter with events and information for our members.
- Member Images Coordinator – To accept submissions of photos, slide and digital images from TLS members. To assemble a digital photo show of images for the Annual Gathering Program.
Now is a great time to do a random act of kindness. Share your skills, talent and knowledge with TLS to help us to continue moving forward. It is the members who make TLS what it is and keeps it going. Together we can share the word and uses of the labyrinth for all.
Remember there are many ways to become more deeply involved in TLS. Suggest an interest group at the gatherings, sign up for a committee, communicate on the forums, and contact any of the board or committee members with information or ideas. You can always propose a new committee if there is not one already performing a function for which you see a need. TLS is what you make it.
Those people that come forth as nominees will be interviewed by the Nominating Chair. This will help the nominee obtain additional information concerning the position and assist the nominating committee in learning more about that person. We have currently received some nominees that are being added to this review. Subsequent to the review, the Nominating Committee selects a slate of the candidates to be voted on by the members at the Fall Gathering or by mail.
I look forward to hearing from you soon and can go into more detail on the positions available upon your request. Please contact me via email, letter or phone. Questions and comments are always welcome.
15454 N. 135th Dr.
Surprise, AZ 85374