World Labyrinth Day
Thanks for participating in the World #LabyrinthDay and taking our informal survey! We counted over 200 events in 24 countries: Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, England, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Finland, Germany, Greece, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain & the U.S. (including 46 states)!
We hope you will celebrate with us again next year for the ninth annual World Labyrinth Day (WLD) on Saturday, May 6, 2017! The Labyrinth Society invites you to ‘Walk as One at 1" in the afternoon, joining others around the globe to create a wave of peaceful energy washing across the time zones.
For those new to labyrinths, find one (or dozens!) in your area using the World Wide Labyrinth Locator. You can also learn to draw or build a simple labyrinth with links in our resources section below. Already participating? Be counted and fill out our survey: WLD Google Form
Members of the Labyrinth Society are encouraged to facilitate group walks at public labyrinths to engage the community and amplify our collective energy. World Labyrinth Day is also a great opportunity to introduce others to the path by organizing lectures, workshops, tours, book readings, art exhibitions, or building temporary or permanent labyrinths.
If you are unable to ‘Walk as One at 1’ other opportunities to participate include tracing a finger labyrinth on paper or using a mobile app. Labyrinth walks and events can also be held in the morning or evening, as others will be walking in unison with you in other time zones. Just as there are a wide variety of uses of the labyrinth, creativity and multiplicity are encouraged.
Here are Eleven Ways to Celebrate World Labyrinth Day
- Walk as One at 1 (or as time permits)
- Trace or draw a finger labyrinth on paper or using a smartphone or tablet app
- Facilitate or join a group walk
- Host or join a lecture, workshop, art exhibition or tour
- Build a temporary or permanent labyrinth
- Find a new labyrinth or submit an unlisted site to the Labyrinth Locator
- Write a blog post, newsletter submission, letter to the editor, or article for print or the internet
- Share and view WLD stories, photos, videos on Social Media using the hashtag #LabyrinthDay
- Read labyrinth books, watch movies, or sing songs
- Create a labyrinth art project, exhibition, or drawing class
- Help spread the word by posting flyers, sharing on social media, and listing your event on the TLS Events Calendar
Let us (and others) know that you are walking:
Be counted (anonymous ok) as a participating location by filling out the WLD Google Form. Our goal is to represent 50 United States and 50 countries!
Post your event on the TLS Events Calendar
Download and share the WLD 2016 Press Release
Share your photos and stories on the Labyrinth Society Facebook Group
World Labyrinth Day 2016 Local Event Posters:
(blank space for your event info)
World Labyrinth Day 2016 Global Event Posters:
World Labyrinth Day 2015 Social Media Images:
An initiative of The Labyrinth Society, World Labyrinth Day is celebrated every year on the first Saturday in May. Make a commitment to participate on May 7, 2016 for the seventh annual World Labyrinth Day and join our moving meditation for world peace.
1. Resources for Walk Facilitators
- Download a global flyer (above) to post alongside your own poster or sign.
- Download a local flyer (above) to modify for your event. Flyer has a space where you can add event info with design software, or handwrite in the space and photocopy.
- Download the 2016 Press Release and share it with the local media.
- Post your WLD event to the Events calendar
- Share your WLD photos and experiences
- Announce your event on our Facebook Events Page
- Be counted in our informal survey (anonymous ok)
2. Resources for participants
3. Connect with other labyrinth enthusiasts
4. Learn more about labyrinths
For more information about World Labyrinth Day, contact the WLD Coordinator. Press photos are available from previous years for publication in print and on-line as well as assistance finding local participants for quotes and coverage in your area.