World Labyrinth Day
World Labyrinth Day, an initiative of The Labyrinth Society, is a day designated to bring people from all over the world together to walk labyrinths. It is celebrated every year on the first Saturday in May. This is a day when people all over the world can join together to walk labyrinths for the good of all.
“Walk as One at 1”
People are encouraged to have the main labyrinth walk of the day at 1 pm in every time zone to create a wave of labyrinth walking around our planet as it turns in space. There can be great power for good manifested in this effort of unity.
In a world where we are constantly bombarded with reports of negative and terrible events, it can be frustrating to know what we can do to help on a global level. People joining together to walk labyrinths at the same time, on the same day and with the same intention of healing the earth can bring about great change.
World Labyrinth Day can be a day to inform and educate the public about labyrinths. Many large group walks are planned, but no event is too small. Individuals who wish to participate may use a finger labyrinth, draw a labyrinth or meditate the labyrinth pattern. In the past, a variety of events were held at over 100 locations worldwide, including the Ellipse in Washington DC, public parks, churches, a maximum-security women’s prison, retreat centers and many private labyrinths. Countries joining the celebration include: the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, the Bahamas, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand, China, South Africa, Australia, and the list grows every year.
Much excitement was generated last year by the TLS Facebook events page where there are over 1000 members of the group.
The World Wide Labyrinth Locator, an online database, lists over 4000 labyrinths around the world.
Make a commitment to participate on May 4, 2013 for the fifth annual World Labyrinth Day and join hundreds of people around the world who will be walking labyrinths.
World Labyrinth Day Resources:
1. Resources for Walk Facilitators
- Download a generic flyer to promote WLD 2013 (.pdf 157K) - Generic Flier. Distribute as is or print it off and put your own event flier on the back
- Download a flyer to promote your WLD 2013 event (.pdf 158K) - Flier has a box where you can write your event information at the bottom, or print it out on a label and put it in the box provided.
- Download an updatable flyer to promote your WLD 2013 event (.doc 184K) - Type in your event information at the bottom.
- Download a press release for 2013 (.pdf 25K)
- Post your WLD event to the Events calendar
- Post your WLD event to the Labyrinth Locator
- Participate in labyrinth research
- Apply for Special Project Status
- Share your WLD photos and experiences
2. Resources for participants
3. Connect with other labyrinth enthusiasts
- Connect with other members- Members can now sign up for the forums themselves from our Members Only Site. Click on the Member Login at the top of the screen, log in, then click on Forums in the menu.
- Connect with others in your region- Contact your regional rep!
- Join TLS
- Connect with others at the TLS Annual Gathering
- Explore the TLS Labyrinth Market
4. Learn more about labyrinths